Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Cheyenne's 3 month "birthday"

Well, as of the time this blog was posted (11:56 pm), my little princess is officially 3 months old!! I can't believe it!! It seems like just a few days ago that I came into the den at 7:00 in the morning and told my Dad that I thought it was time to be getting dressed. It doesn't seem like 3 months since I first saw my beautiful little angel's face. As soon as she was born and they handed her to me, all I could say was "She is so pretty!! She is perfect!!"

It doesn't seem like 3 months since my little angel arrived. I already miss certain things as she is constantly developing. I am so glad with every new thing she learns, but it is bittersweet, because it seems like with each new thing she learns, something else goes away. I miss the newborn cry that is almost a growl...I miss her not weighing hardly anything at all (7 lbs 14 oz. at birth)...as happy as I am about her moving around and being more active, I do miss the times when I could just put her down for a minute and she would stay put.

I miss the days when she could fit in her newborn clothes, although that didn't last long since she was so big when she was born. She has been in 3 to 6 month clothes since she was about 2 1/2 months old. She can still wear some 0 to 3 months, but very few. So tomorrow, I am going to pack up all of her newborn clothes, probably with tears streaming down my face as I look at each outfit and remember when she wore it, what we were doing and how cute she looked.

She is learning more every day...she has recently realized that she has a very wide range of sounds that she can produce...from soft cooing to high pitched squealing...she prefers the squealing, especially first thing in the morning when she gets up for the day.

She has also begin to get ready to hold her bottle. When I feed her, she is constantly pawing the bottle or holding my hands or knocking the bottle out of her mouth.

She is also getting ready to turn over from her back to her tummy. She will lay on her back and turn over onto her side and then keep trying to turn the rest of the way over by kicking her leg over and twisting her head and trying to rock herself on over. She'll be doing it before I know it. She hasn't gone from tummy to back yet, which is supposed to come first, but since she hates being on her tummy, she doesn't get as much practice, but we will continue to work on it.

She is holding things now and actually starting to put them in her mouth when she is holding them. Tonight , she actually took her binkie out of her mouth and waved it over her head and then tried to put it back in her mouth, but missed just a little bit. It was so cute...then she smiled and thought it was funny. She is grabbing onto the toys on her playmat and even kicking at them.

I just can't believe it has already been 3 months. Where does the time go? She is so much fun and I am so blessed to have her. I don't know what I would do without her!! She is truly my little angel!!

No comments:

Post a Comment