Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Christmas and New Year's

Well, another year has come and gone much faster than it should have. So much has happened this past year that I realize every day how blessed I am. No matter how bad my day gets, how much stress I have, or how bad I feel, I look at my two kids and realize how lucky I really am.
We made it through Christmas with very little upset. Cheyenne was very excited about Santa this year and would always say "Danta" and hold her arms out as if to say "Where is he?" It was so precious. She was also very excited about all the lights everyone had up. I wasn't sure she would really pay attention to them that much, so we didn't go look at any lights, but everytime we would be somewhere after dark, she would point and say "night", which is her version of light. She also loved the Christmas tree and didn't really mess with it except to come in and name all of the ornaments down on her level. There was a bear and a Santa and a couple of balls and she would go around the tree and tell me what everything was.
Then came the visit to see Santa. She was super excited and when Santa came back from his break (we inevitably get there right as he's going on break, but we were first in line when he came back) and they opened the barrier, she practically shot out like a cannon to go see Santa. She got up in his lap with no problem and sat there for her picture. After her picture, I took her off his lap and he gave her a candy cane and she said and signed "Tank You" But then she didn't want to leave. Luckily, she didn't do her ear piercing scream, but she kept pulling back to go see him.


Christmas morning went off without much of a hitch. We waited for Devon to get here before we had our tree, but Cheyenne is so young, she didn't realize she was waiting for anything.


So we had our tree and the kids opened their presents and were excited. Devon was super excited about his new metal detector, digital camera and his Snuggie. Cheyenne was just excited. Everything she opened, she wanted to play with right then...she didn't want to open more presents. But we finally got through it and got everything opened and she loves all her presents. She loves her kitchen, her first dollhouse, and her tea set. Grandpa has showed her how to set up a tea party and she loves to sit at her table and entertain her babies.


All in all, we had a great Christmas!!

We didn't do anything for New Year's Eve, just stayed home and relaxed and stayed safe. I didn't let Cheyenen stay up until midnight, but I did let her stay up an hour later and go to bed at 9:00. We had a New Year's Eve Countdown and counted down to 9:00 (Midnight, Cheyenne time). We counted down from 10 and then made a bunch of noise and "Yay"s before I took her back to bed. It was fun.

I can't wait to see what 2011 brings us!! Happy New Year!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great Christmas and New Years! Love the tea party photo.

    ReplyDelete