Monday, January 2, 2012

On our way...

One of my New Year's Resolutions this year is to post here more often and let you all know what we are up to.

Another one is to cook more and I am looking forward to keeping up with that and posting what I cook on here.  I sat down this weekend and decided what I was going to fix each night and then went to the store and got everything I needed for this week's meals. 

So this morning I got dinner in the crockpot and then spent most of the morning trying to get Cheyenne's room reorganized, pack up and get rid of stuff that she has outgrown and try to make room for new things and organize what we have to make things more efficient.  I got her old kitchen cleaned up and ready to place on Craigslist and then got her new kitchen set up in her room. 


She was so excited and wanted to be a cooking princess immediately.  I didn't squash her dreams and tell her that princesses have people that cook for them...lol. 



Today I spent a little more time in Cheyenne's room trying to get things organized and during naptime, I hit up the dollar stores to get some stuff I needed to help organize and pick up a few other things that I thought I needed.  Right now there is just a couple of square feet of room to move around right now...with all of the empty diaper boxes sitting around getting things packed into them and piles of things to organize, throw away or put in a new place. 

I tend to take on projects that end up making more of a mess before I get anywhere near where I want to be with them and then in the middle of the project I become a perfectionist and have to make sure everything is perfect.  For example, today, I was cleaning some things out of Cheyenne's closet and while I was cleaning off the shelves to put baskets on for her panties and socks, I had the genius thought that the closet needed to be repainted.  Mind you, I didn't paint it..yet.  But I probably will once I decide where everything is going to go and I get some more stuff cleaned off of the top shelf.  Then, to be totally honest, I will probably rip out the red carpet that is in there and used to extend into what used to be my room as a kid and has been since my parent's bought the house...up until I was in high school and we recarpeted my room...but not the closet.  We did get some tile for the closet and guess what I found in that closet...yep...the tile we bought all those years ago.  But it is way too involved and I will probably get some adhesive tiles to put in there.  So I went off on a tangent and dreamed about all the things I want to do in Cheyenne's room.

Then I had to stop the daydreaming and prepare for dinner.  I had put it in the crockpot this morning and now had to finish the final preparations and get ready to eat.  I made Crockpot Chicken Tortilla Soup.  It was so yummy and I think everyone enjoyed it!!  We put a few tortilla chips in the bottom of a bowl, then ladled the soup over it and topped it with cheese and a dollop of sour cream.  This will definitely be made again and again!!


I know...not much of an exciting day, but it's my life and I love it!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more information? It is extremely helpful for me.
    Potty Training Problems

    ReplyDelete