Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Well, Mother's Day came and went without a lot of fanfare, but I had a good day with my kiddos.  Devon came over for the weekend to celebrate Mother's Day with me and we had fun! 

Grandpa went and got breakfast from McDonalds, because really, McDonalds has awesome breakfast!   Not very good for you, but hey, it's Mother's Day...let's be crazy!  Have you tried their Bacon, Egg and Cheese McGriddles? Well, you haven't lived until you have!!  They are awesome!!  Instead of biscuit, they use pancakes as the "bun" and it is delicious!! 

Then my kids gave me a beautiful card that they both signed and a cool glass ball like the ones I used to collect before I lost my entire collection last time I moved.  I had about 20 or 25 of them and had been collecting them for years, so now it's time to start a new collection. 




How cute....

Then since it was such beautiful weather, we went outside to play for a while and I brought out a new bubble set that I had gotten on clearance after Easter (although it has nothing to do with Easter) for about $3.  I had gotten it and was holding it for Cheyenne's birthday, but I have so many other things stuffed away for her birthday that I figured I'd give her the bubble set since she LOVES blowing bubbles so much. 

I love this thing because you just pour the bubbles in the bucket, put the lid on and stick the wands in the slots and take them out and blow bubbles.  No carrying a bottle around to get spilled...believe me, we've lost so much bubble solution due to little hands tipping the bottle over or accidentally knocking it over as it sits on the ground.  This doesn't spill!! 

Anyway...lots of bubble fun ensued!!



This bubble solution and these wands make TONS of bubbles!!

And some VERY big bubbles!!



All in all, we had a good day and as usual, I was the one taking the pictures, and I didn't get anyone to take a picture of me and my kids on Mother's Day.  Oh well, maybe one day I'll get a picture of me with my kids. 

I hope everyone else had a great Mother's Day too!! 

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't reply to your comment, so thought I'd pop over and say...

    My boys are IN LOVE with all things pirate, thanks to Jake & The Neverland Pirates. They love that show, and my almost 3 year old wants a Jake birthday party.

    Just in case you didn't know, Fisher Price & Disney just released a set of Jake & The Neverland Pirates toys this month. The pirate ship, Bucky, is $45...so not cheap...but if you've got a birthday coming up, it might be a fun gift idea :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dawn! I just saw this comment, but we just saw the Jake and the Neverland Pirates stuff at Target the other night, but unfortunately, I missed it for her birthday. We had her birthday last weekend (9th) and then she got a tummy bug (great present, huh?) so now that she is over that, I can get back on here and blog about her birthday! Thanks for popping in and saying hi and letting me know about the Jake products. I will definitely be getting her some!

      Delete